It is probably true that there are no unique challenges facing schools today. If one school is struggling with an issue, then you can be sure that others are struggling too. However, it’s also true that there are solutions being developed in classrooms, departments and meetings every day. Teaching School Alliances were set up, in part, to recognise this position and to provide a vehicle for sharing knowledge and building capacity. Following our successful recruitment, we have a strong team of SLEs which complements the expertise and outreach work of our existing Local and National Leaders of Education.
All are keen to offer support by working with other schools to:
- Identify and analyse areas of concern
- Negotiate an action plan
- Empower staff to develop their skills to meet challenges
We respond to requests from schools with a tailored, negotiated, bespoke package of support that meets their identified needs.
In recent times we have supported schools in these areas:
- Reviewing faculty structures, pedagogy and assessments
- Reviewing schemes of work, entry policies and resources
- Leading faculty workshops: planning for pace, continuity and progression
- Supporting the development of data tracking and monitoring systems
- Supporting the timetable planning and construction
It is important to us that all support is effective and so we ensure that all our work is carefully monitored and evaluated on an ongoing basis.