How do you become an SLE?
We are currently recruiting SLEs in the following areas:
Primary - Science, Assessment, Computing, Closing the Gap.
Secondary - English, Maths, Science, Computer Science, SEND.
SLE application process
If you are interested in becoming an SLE:
• to read the Application guidance click here,
to download an application form click here.
• Ask your Head Teacher to check that he/she is willing to support your work outside of school and pay for the compulsory Core Training (£200)
• Fill in the application form, contact your referees, request references and send back to the Teaching School.
If you are successful at this stage you will be invited to an assessment day which will consist of:
• Formal interview questions
• There may also be a written exercise and/or a group exercise on this day
The final assessment stage is a Compulsory Core Training Day
• This is a standardised day for the Eastern Region
• A certificate designating you as an SLE will only be given on the successful completion of this day
• There will be pre-task activities that you will be asked to undertake by your SLE Coordinator before you attend this day
Please complete Section 1 of the application form. Section 2 of the application must be completed by your Headteacher as referee and they must return the form to our administrator: Sheree Forbes email@example.com
The application timeline is as follows:
• Application round is open from 1st to 31st May
• Interview process 1st to 30th June
• Outcomes announced before 18th November
Core training for designated SLEs 1st July to 30th September
Supporting you with your application
Talk to any of your colleagues who have been involved in school to school work. Discuss with them the nature and opportunities of this partnership working. In addition take the opportunity to discuss your plans with your line manager within the broader picture of your career progression and professional development. Please take a look at our School to School support section on the website.
If you have any further specific questions relating to becoming an SLE please contact the following:
Anne O'Reilly for secondary enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Donna Cornwell for primary enquiries email@example.com